A full-day workshop on "Sustainability governance in multicultural settings" was held by Axis 1 "Governance" on
15 January 2018 at the University of Strasbourg. The goal was to bring together all researchers involved in the humanities and social sciences of the cluster, and to see how their cooperation and exchange can be concretized aiming at publishing a common textbook.
Subsequent to the workshop, interested researchers were invited to attend the Transfer Conference "Governance for sustainability in European cities", with Dr Cristina Garzillo, Senior Coordinator within the "Governance and Social Innovation" group at the ICLEI (International Council for Local Environmental Initiatives).
The Axis III "Transformation processes & technologies" invited all interested persons to the transfer workshop on “Air pollution, techniques and remediation strategies” (in French) with the participation of researchers, associations, companies and other stakeholders. The event took place in Strasbourg in the afternoon of January 9, 2018.
Contact: Karine Philippe kphilippe unistra fr
- text below only available in English -
Together with the German Environment Agency and the Permanent Secretariat of the Alpine Convention we organized a Transfer Workshop which focused on "Eco-Innovation supporting a Green Economy in the Alpine region". The event took place on 13 November 2017 at the University of Basel.
The work group "Thinktank Rhine River Ecosystems - Past, present, future" invited all interested persons to the
Transfer Workshop "Der Rhein - Zukünftige Herausforderungen an einem europäischen Fluss" ("The Rhine - Future challenges on a European river"). The event took place on 2 November 2017 in the town hall Grafenhausen, Kirchstraße 43 in the district Grafenhausen, DE-77966 Kappel-Grafenhausen.
The press reported detailed on the contents of the transfer workshop:
Contact: Sebastian Brackhane sebastian.brackhane felis.uni-freiburg de
All interested persons were warmly invited to join the Transfer Workshop held by Axis 4 (Resource Management) with a focus on Innovative Agricultural Systems, which took place on 4 October 2017 in Freiburg. The aim of this workshop was to bring together researchers, experts, and practitioners to exchange knowledge and to facilitate its transfer into politics, industry and society.
Contact: Ines Gavrilut ines.gavrilut felis.uni-freiburg de
On 29 September 2017 the Cluster organized a full-day follow-up of the kick-off workshop. All the researchers involved in the cluster were invited to participate.
The event took place in the Herder-Building, Tennenbacher Str. 4 in 79401 Freiburg.
On 15 September 2017 a Transfer Workshop on "electromobility" took place in Karlsruhe. The aim of the workshop was an intensive exchange between research and industry on this topic. Interesting lectures highlighted the topic of "electromobility" from different perspectives.
Contact: Melanie Stroebel stroebel uni-landau de
Large Workshops of the Theme Axes
Each of the five theme axes of the cluster organized a large workshop in 2017:
- Axis I: Governance - June 2, 2017 in Strasbourg
- Axis II: Energy, Infrastructure & Societal Change / E-Mobility - May 4, 2017 in Karlsruhe
- Axis III: Transformation & Innovation - June 1, 2017 in Strasbourg
- Axis IV: Ressource Management - April 5, 2017 in Freiburg
- Axis V: Multiculturalism & Multilingualism - March 22, 2017 in Mulhouse
The aim of the workshops was to continue the cooperation of the working groups of the respective axes and to intensify the exchange between the different working groups.
Lecture Series 2017
In 2017, the cluster's participating sites organized various events of a whole lecture series
on the core themes of the cluster.
Information on the events is given below:
- Lecture I / 3. Mai 2017 / Basel / Steuerung der Energiewende: Risiken eines gesellschaftlichen Experiments
- Lecture II / 11. Mai 2017 / Karlsruhe / Vom Energiesparhaus zum ressourceneffizienten Quartier
- Lecture III / 16. Mai 2017 / Strasbourg / Environnement, pollution et enjeux sociétaux
- Lecture IV / 31. Mai 2017 / Landau / Zukunft Elektromobilität – Status, Ziele, Herausforderungen
- Lecture V / 1. Juni 2017 / Mulhouse / Risques et Frontières disciplinaires
- Lecture VI / fall semester 2017 / Freiburg / Der Rhein: Natur- und Kulturraum (The Rhine: Natural and cultural area)
November 22, 2016
University of Freiburg (auditorium)
Platz der Universität 3, 79106 Freiburg (Germany)
October 7-8, 2016
University of Freiburg (Herder-Building / room 100)
Tennenbacherstr. 4, 79106 Freiburg (Germany)